Friday, December 24, 2010

This Christmas, Be Grateful!

What a night, what a night... After trying in vain to find a dress for a much anticipated dinner party tomorrow night, the dreaded and notorious winter blues crept in, set up shop and left me dejected, pitiful, and flat out sad! But thank GOD for friends that serve as reminders of His love and grace! What started out to be a self-pitying Christmas Eve hosted by some German reisling has actually turned into a warm,  insightful, inspiring, and pleasant night. Praise GOD!
While we might not have everything we want, GOD always manages to make sure we have everything we need, with the promise of always making sure. I think what we fail to realize (or at least I do) is that our timing is not GOD's timing. I might think I need something right now, but GOD knows exactly when I'm ready to receive it. The hard part is staying faithful and trusting throughout the in-between time. Had it not been for a FB post and a placed phone call to a good friend, I would have forgotten this and spent all night spending my spirit. And all because I couldn't get a new dress to wear to a party. Man talk about American greed...smh
The lesson I find myself struggling to learn over and over agian is, gratitude. Being grateful. For some reason this comes so hard to me. It seems that I suffer from the "owe me" complex. He owes me this, she owes me that, I deserve this, I deserve that. But nothing, I repeat nothing is promised to any of us! Except GOD's love. But the GOD I serve is by far not a fool. He knows and sees that if  I'm not appreciating what He has already given me, He's not going to give me more until I prove myself worthy of what I do have. So this Christmas I'm giving myself the gift of grattitude! Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good night!

Special thanks to a wonderful and amazing friend in Christ, Juanita Cummings! Your words touched me in a way only GOD knows. Thank you again for being the beautiful and blessed woman you are! Merry Christmas girl!

And an extra special shout out to my bestest friend in the whole wide world, Tiffany Ramsey! Thank you for being the solid rock that you are! I love you Lady Bug!

No comments:

Post a Comment