Tuesday, September 21, 2010

My Time for Change

Everyday I wake up and lend my time and talents to others,specifically employers, in the name of survival. I put my own wants, needs, and desires on the back burner to make a bottom dollar for someone else, while my spirit follows behind on a coarse my mind and body have laid out for it. However, with the coming morning comes change for a new day!

Facts are facts, and as much as I would love to quit my job, lounge around on a beach all day, and write whenever moved to, the fact is, I yet to have that luxury. I still have to work everyday and I still have to finish school. And I'm still passionate about things (and frustrated as a result) all the while. Bottom line, I still have a work to do. So I've decided, with my sister's urging and a good friend's insisting, to use my talent and capabilities, coupled with my passion, and start a blog. It's time I let out my thoughts, concerns, and creativity and channel my energy into productivity. I like to think I have something important to say, so this blog will serve as my voice. And who knows, maybe by the end of it, I'll have a whole chorus of voices, orating the narrative of this life.

So, no more excuses of not enough time, or being too tired, or not having adequate resources. Today marks the day that I "use what I've got, to get what I want". And what I want is to do my part to make the world a better place for children coming up in it and people living in it alike. I know that sounds cheesy and cliche, but it's the truth. If I can channel my passion for life, knowledge, and servitude through writing, and inform and inspire someone, or give someone a little insight and hope, I'd sleep a little better at night, knowing I was able to give back what has always been given to me by the grace of GOD . Of course, I could always do more and plan to do more, but for now this blog is me "using what I've got, to get what I want".

I don't think this will be an easy task right  now, but I can say I'm committed to it. I mean you have to start somewhere right?? If I plan to make change in life, I understand there are sacrifices I have to make. And that brings about MY time for change. Time to change MY daily habits and use MY time to MY advantage! Every free moment I have needs to be dedicated to feeding my passion and in turn feeding this blog. The days of using free time to catch up on sleep and lounge around or entertain myself with frivilous distractions, while the world spins out of control (and me right along with it) must be gone with the night. The coming morning brings a new day for me. A day I've looked forward to for sometime, but too afraid (or tired or lazy) to fully face. It's a day I take my own advice and WAKE UP! Wake up my mind and spirit and tell it we've got work to do! This is the day I embrace my time for change!

Thank You Jesus!

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your new blog. Please don't neglect your blog like I neglect mine. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! Thanks, I'll do my best not to! :) Please, stay tuned! lol :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lisa!!!!!!!!!! What an awesome way to start out! I swear u be reading my mind sometimes!!! Sooooo spookyyy!!!

    ReplyDelete